Noe Valley Bakery is a charming, family-owned bakery located in the heart of San Francisco’s Noe Valley neighbourhood. Founded in 1995 by Michael and Mary Gassen, the bakery has become a beloved fixture in the community, known for its delicious, made-from-scratch pastries, breads, and cakes.
Moreover, they believe quality is key. Every item is crafted with the finest ingredients, from locally sourced organic flour to the freshest fruits and vegetables. The bakery’s skilled bakers and pastry chefs take pride in creating baked goods that are both beautiful and delicious, from delicate French macarons to rich, buttery croissants.
Aside from that, Noe Valley Bakery offers a wide range of custom cakes for special occasions, from elegant wedding cakes to whimsical birthday cakes for children. Additionally, Customers can work with the bakery’s experienced team to design a cake that perfectly fits their needs and tastes.
What Is The Ambiance Like At Noe Valley Bakery?
The ambiance at this bakery is warm, inviting, and welcoming. The bakery has a cozy and comfortable seating area where customers can enjoy their baked goods and beverages in a relaxed atmosphere. Furthermore, The walls are decorated with charming artwork, and the aroma of freshly baked goods fills the air, adding to the cozy and inviting ambiance.
Customers are greeted by friendly and attentive staff who provide excellent customer service and ensure that customers have a delightful experience. Several large windows fill the bakery’s interior with natural light, making it a bright and airy space. The bakery’s warm and friendly ambiance is one of the many reasons why it has become a beloved part of the Noe Valley community.
How Long Has Noe Valley Bakery Been In Operation?
It has been in operation since 1995. Over the years, It has become a beloved institution in the Noe Valley neighbourhood of San Francisco, known for its high-quality baked goods and warm, welcoming atmosphere.
Despite the challenges of running a small business, They have managed to thrive for nearly three decades, thanks to the dedication and hard work of its owners and staff. The bakery’s commitment to quality ingredients, skilled craftsmanship, and excellent customer service has earned it a loyal following and likewise reputation as one of the best bakeries in San Francisco.
Whether you’re looking for a delicious pastry, a custom cake for a special occasion, or just a cozy spot to enjoy a cup of coffee, This is the perfect destination for any lover of baked products.
Best Products Of Noe Valley Bakery
Here, we have shown the top seller products from this bakery. For instance,
1. Bread & Pastries
Firstly, bread and pastries are Perfectly baked with superior ingredients.
Their selection includes classic French pastries like croissants, pain au chocolat, and brioche, as well as American favourites like muffins, scones, and cinnamon rolls.
They have a wide selection of flavors and designs for their custom cakes, which are a customer’s favorite. Whether you’re looking for a classic vanilla cake or something more unique like a chocolate hazelnut torte, their skilled bakers can create a cake that perfectly suits your needs and tastes.
3. Cupcakes & Cookies
Noe Valley Bakery’s cupcakes and cookies are a great option for a quick snack or an afternoon treat. Similarly, Their cupcakes come in a variety of flavours, including vanilla, chocolate, and red velvet, and are topped with delicious buttercream frosting. A variety of cookies are available, such as peanut butter, chocolate chip and whole oat raisin.
4. Holiday Desserts
They also offer a variety of holiday desserts, For Example, pies, cakes, and cookies. Their pumpkin pie and apple pie are especially popular during the fall season, while their Christmas cookies and yule logs are a hit during the winter holidays.
Top 05 Recipes Of Noe Valley Bakery
1. Cupcake Buttercream
- Softened 2 cups unsalted butter
- Sifted powdered sugar, 8 cups
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Use a hand mixer or stand mixer with a paddle attachment to mix the softened butter until it is light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the sifted powdered sugar to the butter, one cup at a time, beating on low speed until incorporated.
- Combine vanilla extract and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Mix the buttercream on medium speed until it is light and fluffy.
- Use the buttercream to frost cupcakes, cakes, or other baked goods as desired.
- Finally, your noe valley bakery’s cupcake buttercream is ready to serve.
This recipe makes enough buttercream to frost about 24 cupcakes or a 2-layer 9-inch cake. You can tweak the quantity of granulated sugar and heavy cream to obtain your preferred texture and sweetening level.
2. Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
For the pie crust:
- Flour, 2 1/2 cups
- A teaspoon of salt
- Powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup cold and cut up unsalted butter
- A quarter to a half cup of ice water
For the filling:
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Small pieces of unsalted butter, one tablespoon
- To make the pie crust of Noe valley bakery, mix together the flour, salt, and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Once the flour mixture resembles coarse crumbs, add the cold butter and cut it in with a pastry cutter or your fingers.
- To make a ball of dough, add one tablespoon of ice water at a time to the flour mixture until it comes together.
- Wrap each piece of dough in plastic wrap in equal parts. Before rolling out, let it cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 350°F (190°C). Make a 9-inch pie dish by rolling out the pie crust.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the sliced strawberries, chopped rhubarb, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well to coat the fruit evenly.
- Embrace the mixture of fruit inside the pastry and sprinkle it with butter pieces.
- Over the fruit filling, spread another pie crust. Seal the pie by trimming and crimping the edges.
- Allow steam to escape during baking by cutting several slits in the top crust.
- For a golden crust and bubbly filling, bake the pie for 45 to 50 minutes.
- It is recommended that you allow the pie to cool around 30 minutes before slicing it.
This recipe yields one 9-inch pie and serves 8 to 10 people.
3. Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Here’s a recipe for Grilled Cheese Sandwich from Noe Valley Bakery:
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- 2-3 slices of cheddar cheese
- 2-3 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Each slice of sourdough bread should be spread with unsalted butter.
- In a skillet, spread butter on one slice of bread
- Add the cheddar cheese and Swiss cheese slices on top of the bread.
- Cheese should be topped with the second slice of bread, butter side up.
- Ensure that the sandwich is cooked until the bottom piece of toast is browned and the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- About 2-3 minutes later, flip the sandwich over and allow the cheese to melt completely.
- Remove the sandwich from the skillet and let it cool for a minute or two before slicing it in half.
- Serve the Noe valley bakery’s grilled cheese sandwich hot with a side of tomato soup or your favorite dipping sauce.
This recipe yields one grilled cheese sandwich and can be easily customized with your favorite cheese and bread varieties.
4. Blueberry Pecan Scones
- Flour, 2 cups
- Sugar, 1/4 cup
- Baking powder, 1 tablespoon
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- Fresh blueberries, 1/2 cup
- Chop 1/2 cup pecans
- Half a cup of cream
- 1 large egg
- Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
- To make Blueberry Pecan Scones of Noe valley bakery, Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, sweetener, baking soda, and salt in a big bowl.
- Add the butter and work the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs using a pastry blender or your fingers.
- Mix in the blueberries and chopped pecans gently.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and shape into a 1-inch thick circle.
- Cut the dough into 8 wedges and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the scones are golden brown.
- Allow the scones to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy Noe Valley Bakery’s top-selling blueberry pecan scones!
5.Bittersweet Chocolate Frosting
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the chopped chocolate in a large heatproof bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium heat until it just begins to simmer.
- Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and let it sit for 1-2 minutes to allow the chocolate to melt.
- Whisk the chocolate and cream together until the mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Add the butter and vanilla extract to the chocolate mixture and whisk until the butter is melted and the frosting is smooth.
- Allow the frosting to cool to room temperature before using it to frost your favorite cake or cupcakes.
- If the frosting is too thick, you can whisk in additional heavy cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until you reach the desired consistency.
- Enjoy Noe Valley Bakery’s bittersweet chocolate frosting.
Top 05 Competitors Of Noe Valley Bakery
#1. Tartine Bakery:
Tartine Bakery was founded in 2002 in San Francisco by Elisabeth Prueitt and Chad Robertson. They are known for their artisanal bread, pastries, and desserts.
It has several locations in San Francisco, as well as locations in Los Angeles, Seoul, and London.
It is known for their croissants, morning buns, breads, and seasonal fruit tarts.
#2. Jane The Bakery:
It is a neighborhood bakery in San Francisco that was founded in 2011. They focus on using high-quality ingredients and making everything from scratch.
It has two locations in San Francisco, one in Pacific Heights and one in the Tenderloin.
Jane The Bakery is known for their croissants, cinnamon rolls, breads, and seasonal fruit tarts. They also offer sandwiches and salads for lunch.
#3. Neighbor Bakehouse:
Neighbor Bakehouse is the best competitor of Noe Valley Bakery. This is a bakery in San Francisco that specializes in handmade croissants, breads, and pastries. They use local and organic ingredients whenever possible.
It has one location in the Dogpatch neighborhood of San Francisco.
Neighbor Bakehouse is known for their croissants, sourdough bread, and kouign amann pastries.
#4. Schubert’s Bakery:
Schubert’s Bakery is a family-owned bakery that has been operating in San Francisco since 1911. They offer a variety of traditional German and Austrian baked goods.
It has one location in the Outer Richmond neighborhood of San Francisco.
This bakery is known for their Black Forest cake, stollen, linzer torte, and apple strudel.
#5. Arsicault Bakery:
When it comes to bakeries in San Francisco, two establishments that come to mind are Arsicault Bakery and Noe Valley Bakery. This is a French bakery in San Francisco that specializes in croissants and other pastries. They use high-quality ingredients and traditional techniques to create their baked goods.
It has one location in the Inner Richmond neighborhood of San Francisco.
Arsicault Bakery is known for their croissants, kouign amann pastries, and almond croissants. They also offer a variety of seasonal and specialty pastries.
In conclusion, Noe Valley Bakery has proven to be a beloved and reliable bakery in the San Francisco area. With a wide range of delicious baked goods, including pastries, bread, cakes, and cookies, there is something for everyone to enjoy. The bakery’s commitment to using high-quality ingredients and traditional techniques is evident in the taste and presentation of their products. While there are several competitors in the San Francisco area. Those unique offerings and dedication to excellent customer service set them apart. This bakery is a must-visit for anyone with a sweet tooth or a love for freshly baked goods.
#1. What are the locations & Opening Time Of Noe Valley Bakery?
It has one location in San Francisco, located at 4073 24th St, San Francisco, CA 94114. The opening time of the bakery is from Monday to Sunday, from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.
#2. Are Customers Can Buy Noe Valley Bakery Products Online?
Yes, customers can buy this bakery’s products online. The bakery has an online store where customers can browse and order a selection of their baked goods for pickup at their store. They also offer delivery through third-party services such as UberEats and DoorDash.
#3. What Payment Methods They Accept?
Noe Valley Bakery accepts several payment methods, including cash, credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover), and mobile payment options such as Apple Pay and Google Wallet. They do not currently accept personal checks or Bitcoin.
Other Blogs From Voice Life Media
Senior News Writer at Voice Life Media
Howdy, I'm Chloé Blake, a writer, and a little bit multimedia content creator. I run "Voice Li...