Truffle butter is a delicious and lavish seasoning revered by food lovers and gourmands for centuries. If you’re a fan of umami bombs, I’ve got you covered! It’s none other than luxurious truffles that I’m referring to.
Specially crafted from a blend of superior butter and the elusive truffle, a rare and expensive mushroom, it imparts a rich, earthy taste to any dish.
In this blog, I will reveal some delectable butter of truffle and truffle oil recipes that you might not have heard of before. Hence, let’s take a look at its exquisite aroma and flavor below!
What Is Truffle Butter?
It is a delicious sauce with a nutty flavor made by pairing fresh butter with the exotic and highly prized truffle fungus. Its unique and earthy taste either comes from fresh truffle pieces or truffle oils used in its preparation, which give it a distinctly earthy taste.
By the way, what makes this butter so extravagant? I understand it comes from a family of fungi, so expecting such a distinct flavor may feel out of place. Despite these perceptions, the reality is completely different. Whether or not you like truffles in the first place, you might like this when prepared properly in the format of compound butter.
Moreover, truffles are available in various varieties, for instance, black truffles, white truffles, winter white truffles, winter black truffles, muscat black truffles, summer black truffles, etc. Furthermore, I’d advise you to always choose the highest quality truffles for preparing this butter.
Black Truffle Butter
Generally, these types of truffles are less expensive than white truffles since they are more widely available. Additionally, the black truffle recipe requires just two ingredients, and that’s it!
It is common for truffle festivals to be organized, which I have had the opportunity to attend once. Those are the only places where I got the inspiration for preparing this black truffle butter recipe with minimal ingredients.
If you are unable to find fresh black truffles, you can use pre-minced truffles. Since truffles have already been minced, you won’t need to mince them when using a truffle recipe. Now, let’s get started.
Use a fork to blend pre-minced truffles with butter if you’re using them. However, you need to finely mince fresh truffles before mixing them with butter. Whether you’re using fresh truffles or minced truffles, the preparation steps are the same.
Afterward, place a piece of wax paper or parchment over the butter and cover it thoroughly. Wrap the paper in a log shape and twist the ends to seal it. Eventually, refrigerate the food Voila, enjoy!
White Truffle Butter
White truffles are available in beige or off-beige colors and contain a rich flavor with a strong garlic flavor. Overall, white truffles taste has a strong pungent flavor than black truffles. Furthermore, white truffles are rare, which makes them distinct from black truffles.
In order to prepare white butter of truffle, you just need to swap the black truffle for the white truffle, and other procedures will be the same as described above. Further, you can use salted butter and add pepper to enhance the flavor.
What Does White Truffle Butter Taste Like?
A flavorful & rich-textured spread. However, the method of preparation also determines the level of flavor intensity. Additionally, it has a nutty, earthy, and woodsy taste reminiscent of sauteed mushrooms.
Top 05 Truffle Butter Recipes
Roasted Vegetable & Truffle Oil Pasta
It is a delightful vegan pasta dish that contains roasted vegetables and truffle oil. The dish usually includes a variety of vegetables, such as courgette, aubergine, capsicums, and fresh tomatoes, cooked along with truffle oil and al dente pasta.
- One courgette with sliced
- One aubergine with sliced
- One chopped red capsicum
- One chopped yellow capsicum
- Cherry tomatoes, 1 pint
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Add a pinch of salt to taste.
- 1 pound of pasta
- Truffle oil, 2 tablespoons
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh herbs for garnish
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the sliced courgette, aubergine, capsicum, yellow capsicum, and Tomatoes on a cooking sheet.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the vegetables and drizzle with olive oil.
- The oil and seasoning should be evenly distributed over the vegetables.
- In the oven, cook the vegetables for about 25 minutes, or until soft and slightly sweet.
- Meanwhile, boil salted water until the pasta is al dente.
- Reserve the pasta after draining it.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the cooked pasta and roasted vegetables together.
- Mix well the pasta with the vegetables, then drizzle the truffle oil over them.
- Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Garnish the Roasted Vegetable & Truffle Oil Pasta with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs.
- Enjoy the hot pasta!
Truffle Butter Linguine
It is a rich and delicious pasta dish that blends truffle flavors with creamy noodles. In the typical recipe, minced garlic is sauteed in this butter, then linguine noodles are added and grated Parmesan cheese is tossed in.
- Pasta linguine, 1 pound
- Butter (truffle) 1/2 cup
- Chopped garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the linguine pasta in accordance to package instructions in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, melt the butter over medium heat. After the garlic is minced, add it to the pan and sauté it for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Discard half the cooking water after draining the pasta. Toss the pasta with the truffle butter and garlic in the saucepan.
- A little water may be added to the pasta if it appears dry.
- Toss the pasta with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish this dish along with fresh parsley if desired.
Truffle Butter Pasta
It is a blend of premium butter and truffle fungi. The truffle flavor infuses the butter, resulting in a rich, decadent sauce that pairs perfectly with pasta. Let’s make this recipe.
- 1 pound of pasta of your choice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- Finely chop 1 shallot
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese, half a cup
- For garnish, chopped fresh parsley or basil
- Take a large pot of salted boiling water, and cook the pasta in it until al dente.
- Melt the truffle butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped shallots and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Add the pasta to the saucepan with the butter and toss to combine.
- To loosen up dry pasta, add a splash of the reserved cooking water.
- Mix in the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Lastly, sprinkle salt and pepper.
White Truffle Butter Risotto
It is a classic Italian dish made with arborio rice cooked in broth and flavored with white Tuber melanosporum butter. It is a rich and creamy dish that is often served as a main course or side dish in fine dining restaurants.
- Arborio rice, 1 cup
- Chicken or vegetable broth, 4 cups
- White wine, 1/2 cup
- Finely chop 1 shallot
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp white Tuber melanosporum butter
- A half cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle salt and spice to taste
- Over low heat, heat the chicken or vegetable broth in a saucepan.
- Warm the white truffle butter in a separate large saucepan.
- 2 minutes later, add the shallots and garlic, and cook until softened and fragrant.
- Stir the butter into the arborio rice in the saucepan.
- Until the rice absorbs the white wine, stir it in.
- Make sure every addition is absorbed before adding more broth. Add a ladle of warm broth.
- Stir continuously for about 25 minutes until the rice is tender and creamy.
- Once the parmesan cheese has melted, stir the risotto until well combined.
- To taste, season with salt and pepper.
Truffle Butter Steak
It is generously topped with butter after cooking. The butter has a rich, savory truffle flavor.
- Two 1-1.5 inch thick steaks
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil, 2 tbsp
- Softened unsalted butter, 4 tablespoons
- Fresh truffles or truffle paste, finely chopped
- Allow the steaks to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes after removing them from the refrigerator.
- Make sure both sides of the steak are salted and peppered.
- Cook the veg oil in a frying pan or grill pan.
- For medium-rare, cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes per side, or until they reach the desired doneness.
- Wait 5-10 minutes before removing the steaks from the pan.
- Prepare the butter while the steaks are resting. Combine the softened butter and chopped truffles or truffle paste in a small bowl.
- A generous amount of truffle butter should be placed on each steak before serving.
In conclusion, Truffle butter is a luxurious ingredient that can add flavor and depth to any dish. Whether you use it to finish a pasta dish or melt it over grilled vegetables, this butter is a versatile ingredient every food lover should have in their kitchen.